Other Career Opportunities
SVSD Food Services Worker/Educational Assistant
The Swan Valley School Division invites applications for the position of Food Services Worker/Educational Assistant
at the Swan Valley Regional Secondary School.
Start date as mutually agreed.
The Food Services Worker position will work under the direction and supervision of the Culinary Arts Teacher, to assist with the following:
- Routine kitchen tasks, food prep, etc.General cleaning duties – maintaining the kitchen in a clean, safe and sanitary condition, including dishwashing, etc.
- Assist with the cafeteria operations including preparation and servings of nutritional meals
- Able to work in a team environment, work well with students, staff, visitors and school administration
- Other duties as assigned
- Occasional evenings and/or weekends
- Applicant must hold a current Food Handler Training Certificate or be willing to obtain one within two weeks under the assistance of the School Division.
In addition to the Food Service Worker duties, this position also includes 2 hours/per day as an Educational Assistant.
Educational Assistant requirements:
- The Ability to speak English to a level that enables the candidate to communicate effectively with students.
- An ability to follow detailed oral and written instructions.
- A willingness to become part of a cooperative working team, and to respect the confidentiality that is necessary regarding student situations and school programming.
- A Grade 12 diploma and a desire to work with children with special educational needs.
- Experience in working with students who require behavior intervention plans and individual educational plans.
- Promote positive social interaction.
This position is 40 hours/week, exclusive of school breaks.
Closing date for application is February 24, 2023, at 12 Noon.
The division reserves the right to not consider incomplete applications. Criminal Record and Child Abuse Registry checks are required. We thank applicants in advance for their interest in working for the Swan Valley School Division. Only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Submit a resume including three current references to HumanResources@svsd.ca
Are you interested in becoming a Substitute Teacher?
The Swan Valley School Division welcomes applications for Certified Substitute Teachers and Uncertified Substitute Teachers for the 2022/2023 School Year.
Certified Substitutes must have a current valid Manitoba Teaching Certificate. Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registry checks required.
Application forms are available at the SVSD Office.