SVSD is accepting applications for a custodian at Bowsman School.
Custodians in schools look after the daily cleaning of floors, desks, furniture, hallways, lockers, washrooms, windows, offices, gyms, and anything else that needs cleaning inside and outside of a school and minor maintenance. They also recognize that their job exists primarily because of kids and for kids. School custodians value and take great pride in upholding a high standard of a clean, safe school and they enjoy doing it.
Criteria for applying:
- carryout strenuous activities, i.e., move classroom furniture, climb ladders, etc.
- operate various types of cleaning and repair equipment, including powered and non-powered equipment
- work both independently and as a team and often within limited direction and supervision
- perform repetitive task lists continually
- have enjoyment or appreciation for cleaning, repairs, and maintaining buildings and grounds
- be teachable, trainable and open to change
- clear communication skills, written, oral, and some electronic
- must interact well with other people
- shovel snow, run snowblower, mow grass
- perform general maintenance on building and equipment
- responsible attitude toward personal and overall safety, especially in the workplace
- knowledge and experience in cleaning and maintaining buildings
- 40 hours/week [Monday to Friday, 7:00 – 9:00 a.m. and 3:30 to 10:00 p.m. (½ hour for supper break)]
May be some flexibility if mutually agreed upon.
- duties to commence July 4, 2022, or as mutually agreed upon
- starting salary $3,659.00/month plus benefits and pension plan
- closing date: June 3, 2022, at 12:00 noon
Interview accessibility accommodations available upon request
Submit a detailed resume along with three references to Chris Staniland, Maintenance Supervisor,
SVSD, 1481 Third Street North, Box 995, Swan River, MB R0L 1Z0; Phone: 204-734-4531; Fax: 204-734-2273 or Chris Staniland (cell) 204-734-0764. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: Successful applicant to provide proof of a Criminal Record and Child Abuse Registry Checks. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.